Friday, September 22, 2006

Greedy bitch gets a care package



It came in the mail today! The care package I've been waiting for. I've been moping around the last 2 weeks after checking the mail, only to find the mailbox empty every day. So I said to myself "how greedy bitch...get over yourself", and counted my blessings for all the great stuff I had already been sent by an almost total stranger called my secret pal.

My hubby went to check the mail and told me I had a package. It's from your secret pal, he tells me. I was very excited to see what she had created for me!

Ashley sent a beautiful set of felted bowls she knitted using a pattern from the One Skein book, and some knitted rosette pins, a cute pair of turquoise stone earrings (which I think she
may have made herself). My care package also included a nice letter from Ashley, telling me about herself, and some yummy looking chocolates from her home, Seattle. That all was plenty, but Ashley is very generous, and included another ball of yarn -- her favorite -- Isis by Colinette. I can't wait to make something from this!

Found out we have very much in common, and hopefully we can stay in touch. The Secret Pal Exchange was a lot of fun, and can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment