Wednesday, May 20, 2009

150 bags and counting

For the last few days, I've been making another ball of plarn for a craft project. For those of you unfamiliar, plarn = plastic yarn, a/k/a yarn created from recycling plastic shopping bags. I love to crochet them and recycle them into something useful, such as purses or rugs. At the end of this week, I'll have 2 balls created: one in white, and the other in tan. The tan ball is 100 bags large, and counting. I'm thinking that will be turned into a huge shopping tote. It will be perfect for taking to the farmer's market! Sorry, no photos today, as I'm headed to work.

Here is how it's done, if you want to follow along:
http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

No comments:

Post a Comment