Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blackberry Bracelet Bag on way to my Secret Pal

For the last month of the exchange, we were supposed to create a hand-crafted object made from one skein or ball of yarn. I was late sending mine out, but it's still technically August, so hope my pal Jen will like it. I created what I call the "Blackberry Bracelet Bag", made using a combination of inspiring books and patterns, but not made from a pattern itself.

I was in a hurry to send it out to my secret pal, Jen, that I forgot to take photos. Made using Regia Bamboo sock yarn in Jaffa from my LYS, River Knits, just 1 ball and even had extra left over! I was inspired by the style of the Chinese Charm Purse (Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n' Bitch) and the size of Magritte, a bracelet sized bag from Berroco. I used the "Blackberry Salad
Stitch" from Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet, using a very small steel hook for a tight stitch. The bag was lined in an asian-influence cotton print, and I sewed on some pink bangles and beads to the front to resemble a charm. Handles were made from 2 round bamboo bracelets. Not a large bag...just big enough for a cell phone and a lipstick, but I think she liked
it. And I was in such a hurry again, I can't believe I didn't take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment